Thursday, March 22, 2018

Peach Basil Sorbet (Recipe Post)

This is another sweet tooth treat that is really satisfying.

I originally stole this recipe from Pinterest, and added the basil because I love herbs and spices (especially with spring/summer coming so soon).

Original recipe can be found here: Instant Dairy Free Peach Ice Cream

However, I'm currently in my "cut" phase, so I'm trying to make more with less. Here is my version of this recipe:

1 bag of frozen peach slices (about 40 grams of carbs)
1/4 cup* of baking Stevia (or, if you're just buying packets, I'd imagine a couple packets would do the trick)
1 teaspoon* of Gourmet Garden's Basil Paste (I didn't really measure this, it was more just a healthy "plop" into the food processor)
1 cup of Silk Cashew Milk (2 grams of fat)

Throw all of it into a food processor until texture is similar to soft serve yogurt or sorbet.
4 servings (161 grams per serving)
10g of carbs
.5g of fat


*You'll notice there isn't a grams measurement next to the Stevia and basil paste. Since they're zero calorie, I'm not concerned with measuring it on a food scale. And you may want to add more or less depending on your own sweet tooth.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Back Up a Second... (Content Post)

As I write my first handful of posts, it occurred to me that the concept of counting macros might be elusive and confusing. Let me try to ...